Tuesday, February 4 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
The Medford Public Library is offering an eight-week Memoir-Writing Workshop led by Judah Leblang. In this course, open to writers or aspiring writers at all levels of experience, you will:
- Discuss the process of writing memoir pieces and what makes a good story
- Look at examples of short memoir vignettes and discuss what makes them effective
- Refine your pieces in a workshop format and receive supportive/constructive feedback
- Complete a series of in-class writing exercises
- Expand your understanding of the craft of writing memoir/creative nonfiction and develop or strengthen your writing practice.
- Judah Leblang is a Medford-based writer, teacher and storyteller. He is the author of two memoirs, “Finding My Place” (2012) and the newly published “Echoes of Jerry.”
The workshop will take place from 10 a.m. to noon on Tuesdays from February 4 through March 24 in the Study Room of the library’s temporary venue at 200 Boston Ave., Suite G-750. Please register through the event page on the library’s website.